AutoPlay by Altar of Wisdom For Max4Live
Tired of having to draw rhythmic sequences by hand, or feeling they always “look the same” ? Don’t think more, as here comes AutoPlay, the randomly controlled step sequencer for infinite combinations of unexpected patterns !
Autoplay is a Max 4 Live MIDI device, that processes incoming (usually one long monophonic note) input, and automatically plays random sequences providing:
– time allocation control between: 1/32, 1/16, 1/8 and 1/4 occurrences.
– global time multiplier to slow down the device up to 64x
– minimum and random length per note
– minimum and random velocity per note
– note probability (to insert some random silence and thus lower density)
– transposition probability (to output randomly pitched note)
– pitch transpose in octaves, uni or bidirectiona up to 5 octaves in each direction
– per note probability when transposing (starting from incoming note, range 1 to 12 get a chance between 0 and 100). Note chances can also be set up automatically to follow one scale among 65 with a simple menu !
Check this presentation on V1.6.1 here:
Please note you need to have Max 4 Live to use this device (included with Ableton Live Suite, or available as an add-on for other Live versions)
– Reworked a tiny bit on the random engine to have it better looping
– Added swing option (even 16th get slightly delayed, configurable)