Master Handbook of Acoustics, 7th Edition PDF
The industry standard guide to room acoustics―fully updated with the latest advances
Based on the classic text written by acoustics pioneer F. Alton Everest, this revised resource presents the fundamentals of acoustics along with time-tested solutions and detailed room designs.
Acoustics, Seventh Edition explains the art and science of room acoustics and architecture by combining theoretical instruction with matter-of-fact engineering advice. The numerous room designs inside—complete with floor and elevation plans and performance analyses—can be built as presented or adapted to meet specific needs. You will get designs new to this edition, including video teleconferencing rooms and voice studios, as well as new details on listening room and recording studio construction.
Inside, you’ll discover how to:
- Control and utilize sound reflection, absorption, diffraction, and diffusion
- Calculate room reflections, reverberation times, and modal resonances
- Perform acoustical measurements and site surveys and choose construction materials
- Install modules to optimize early reflections, reverberation, and diffusion
- Design and construct home theaters, project studios, control rooms, recording studios, and other acoustically sensitive spaces
- Reduce HVAC noise levels and achieve excellent sound isolation with proven wall, window, and door designs
- Analyze the acoustics of concert halls, auditoriums, and places of worship
- Incorporate psychoacoustics in your designs to optimize room performance
- Understand the operation of room acoustics modeling software
- Utilize the supplied cost-effective plans and specifications for a variety of listening and recording rooms