Music: The Business, 8th Edition PDF
This essential and highly acclaimed guide, now updated and revised in its eighth edition, explains the business of the British music industry.
Drawing on her extensive experience as a media lawyer, Ann Harrison offers a unique, expert opinion on the deals, the contracts and the business as a whole. She examines in detail the changing face of the music industry and provides absorbing and up-to-date case studies.
Whether you’re a recording artist, songwriter, music business manager, industry executive, publisher, journalist, media student, accountant or lawyer, this practical and comprehensive guide is indispensable reading.
Fully revised and updated.
- The current types of record and publishing deals, and what you can expect to see in the contracts
- A guide to making a record, manufacture, distribution, branding, marketing, merchandising, sponsorship, band arrangements and touring
- Information on music streaming, digital downloads and piracy
- The most up-to-date insights on how the COVID-19 crisis has affected marketing
- An in-depth look at copyright law and related rights
- Case studies illustrating key developments and legal jargon explained