Musical Sampling Boutique Drums Ruby KONTAKT
Ruby is the first release of our Boutique Drums series. We consulted with our drummer Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns) who curated a kit comprised of truly boutique drum pieces for this release. We also chose to record at Hey Hey Studios in Griffin, Georgia for it’s outstanding acoustics and engineering; a remarkable space providing a tasteful balance of both room and character.
Each of the eight mixes were created from scratch using an arsenal of processing tools, both hardware and software. We chose to develop the presets outside of Kontakt to deliver what we felt were precision mixes with the right amount of punch, balance and vibe while providing just enough headroom to treat well to additional processing.
Under the hood, Ruby also alternates between two different sets of hi-hat/ride multisamples; depending on how quickly you hit successive notes for the given articulation. The initial hit triggers the isolated sample while subsequent hits trigger repetition samples.
We’ve included five different hi-hat states of multisamples and live eighth-note grooves that automatically lock to your DAW’s tempo: tight, normal, slight-open, mid-open and all-open; grooves recorded at 90/120/140 BPM.
We’ve also developed what we consider to be a first – crossfadeable hi-hat grooves with release triggers. With the modwheel down, it’ll play the loop at it’s tightest hi-hat state. As you push the modwheel up, the hi-hat opens up. It’s pretty dang cool.
- Full drum kit curated by Brian Scoggin (Casting Crowns)
- Kick, snare, cross stick, rimshot, three toms, ride (with crash), ride bell, two crashes, hihats, synced live hihat grooves (three recorded tempos – 90 / 120 / 140 BPM)
- Trigger 2 presets for all eight mixes
- Simple and intuitive mix interface
- Eight interchangeable “baked-in” mix presets
- Repetition sampling for all rides/hi-hat samples
- Live eighth-note hi-hat grooves recorded at 90 / 120 / 140 BPM that sync to your DAW’s tempo
- Crossfadeable hi-hat grooves (fades between five different hi-hat states; from tight to all-open)
- Groove Speed control (Half/Normal/Double)
- Adjustable Humanization feature (Off/Tight/Natural/Loose)
- Assignable Kontakt outputs for each drum group
– Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.8.1 or higher
– Free Kontakt Player NOT supported
– Recorded in 48khz / 24bit
– 8.6 GB compressed NCW format