UVI Soundbank IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 for Falcon Expansions
Featuring over 550 different playing styles performed by professional instrumentalists and recorded in the world-renowned IRCAM Institute, IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 presents a vivid and detailed exposé of 16 orchestral instruments. Each instrument includes both standard playing styles and numerous advanced and experimental articulations, providing a sophisticated and creative sound resource for modern composers and producers looking for more natural, varied and unique instrumental sounds. IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 allows users to go beyond the basic playing styles presented in typical sample libraries, adding depth and detail that’s simply not available elsewhere.
Building on decades of expertise and research in acoustics and sound recording, UVI and IRCAM recruited the finest musicians, artistic directors and engineers available to produce IRCAM Solo Instruments 2. A massive endeavour, years in the making, we’re proud to present to you this seamless blend of traditional and experimental techniques. Old world instruments meet new world performers in this deep and profound library exploring the broader spectrum of sounds possible from these beloved instruments.
With IRCAM Solo Instruments 2 we’ve modernized this powerful library with numerous feature and QoL enhancements, including improvements to core scripting, sample library, playability, performance controls and expression, and workflow and usability improvements thanks to an all-new user interface.
– Improved scripting engine allows multiple play and expression modes, including legato, portamento, poly legato and poly portamento, now controllable by modwheel
– New Play mode for all stringed instruments, allows user to play instruments with virtual hand positioning for more natural expression
– All-new UI design, improves aesthetics and usability
– New MPE and Poly Aftertouch support
– Improved sample library, delivers cleaner sustains
– Improved presets and key switch groups
– Improved dynamics section
– Improved envelopes (more natural response)
– Improved effects section